starting problems

junktruck

Part Changer
I have a 93 model F-250 with the 7.3 in it. after the truck sits over night it will fire right up but die right away. then it takes what seems like 10 minutes crankin on it till it will start again. I thought the fuel was bleeding back so i changed the pump. That didn't change anything so i installed an external checkvalve in the fuel line. Sadly my peoblem persists. Someone please help me.*bdh*

This happened on our 90 7.3 a few years ago and it had leak in one of the rubber hoses supplying the lift pump. It would fire on the fuel that was pressurized between the lift pump and injection pump, then air lock since no fuel was between the tank and lift pump. I replaced the hose and it ran great. Hope this helps.

thanks, i don't think i have a leak but i didn't really check the rubber lines. I really should have thought about that.

Also, the return lines between the injectors, the o-rings on the injectors and the plastic caps tend to leak over time, and can cause the same problem. And in the supply line from the filter head, there is a return line coming off. Inside that fitting is a check ball, makes sure that everything is kosher in that department.

Back