Stock Appearing 2.5 turbo

Burningtire

So the pulling organization i pull with changed the rules for this year. Last year it was that the turbo had to to be a stock oem turbo for that year truck. This year it was changed to a 2.5 stock appearing turbo. So my guess is that i can have 2.5 turbo that looks stock right? So next question is whats out there for a stock appearing turbo? I see fleece has a Holset 351, has anyone ever ran that turbo? If so how was it driving/ pulling? What else is out there for turbos?

So basically im trying to figure out whats out there for 2.5 stock appearing turbos. Its gonna be going in my 2.5/work stock truck. I also run a few 2.6 classes. Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

Depends, will they allow interchanging between model years?

My organization will and I am going to try out Fleece Performance HE351. I'd also be interested to see what can be done to an HX.

Fleece builds up the HX series turbos the same as the HE and now the VE series turbos.. They all have the Custom 63mm Billet comp wheel and the upgraded turbine... same for all models 94-12....

Yes i interchange years, so if i wanted to i could put a 351 on. Paul, so your saying they build up the hx35 and 40 the same way as the 351 thats listed on the website?

Mods can you move this to the dodge competition and performance thread. That would probably be a better place.

Yes i interchange years, so if i wanted to i could put a 351 on. Paul, so your saying they build up the hx35 and 40 the same way as the 351 thats listed on the website?

You could put a 351 on with a little fab. but yes they build the HX35 to the same specs as the 351 same wheel same turbine just in a HX35 platform.. The turbo is offered for a direct bolt on for each year from 94-current...

Stock a 351 is better, so even with a 351 and hx35 built the same way would the 351 sill perform better? Also has the Hx35 fleece turbo been dynoed? If so what kind of power is it making over a stock? and How much is it? Thanks!

Bump on this, im highly interested as i am currently building a 2.5 truck and they introduced that same rule here too!

i have been around fleeces billit he351 and its a wicked lil turbo capable of alot more that what most think i am planing on running one this year on my 2.5 truck

Any updates on this? I was also planning on a 351 charger, but if Fleece can build an HX just as well as their 351, may be worth doing that. someone i thought said the 351's can take more abuse? any input on that. Also, i cant find what flange the 351cw has? i know the 351vgt has its own type of fange. what about the 351cw T3, or T4? i've read where guys use an adapter flange for this charger, but i'm needing a new manifold anyway..

351CW is a non Divided T-3, The HX-35 That Fleece Builds will do everything their 351CW will...

Back