Stock clutches suck

HightechRedneck

Well was driving over the weekend and my stock LUK clutch in my jetta decided to slip in 3 gears. It only has an intake, exhaust, and new injection pump in December before I purchased it. Guess the new pump along with the minor mods made too much power.

Been looking at clutches since the mishap and am debating on a Stage 2 Endurance South Bend Clutch. Any thoughts or recommendations for any clutches? I don't plan on going above a set of injectors and tune for it and pedal feel is still way lighter than the triple disk street I have in the truck so it's not going to be too stiff.

Valair all the way. Comparable price to southbend. And you wont find better service.

I couldn't find any. Can you link where they have them? I actually get really good pricing on a southbend but I'm wanting to go valair to stay with what my truck has.

Thanks!!!

I did send Dan a message yesterday on a inquiry. So just waiting on him basically. Or a link. I searched and had no luck. I was going to order the dxd southbend clutch tomorrow to so lmk ASAP.

Last edited:
Better off to call. They dont have it on the website, but he does make them. Compd members used to get a break too.

You have to look search for the dxd clutches, that is the name they are sold under even though it is a south bend clutch.

I was looking at a upgrade for my vr6, and they seem to be one of the more popular choices.

I knew what the south bend ones were I just couldn't find a valair.

But now it's too late to change.

Stage 2 Endurance Southbend clutch with new single mass flywheel is ordered. Rated to 350ft lbs torque. I shouldn't exceed that for a while.

I knew what the south bend ones were I just couldn't find a valair.

But now it's too late to change.

Stage 2 Endurance Southbend clutch with new single mass flywheel is ordered. Rated to 350ft lbs torque. I shouldn't exceed that for a while.

Did the flywheel come with the clutch? I was looking at the same clutch, but I may go with a stage 3 endurance so if I ever feel like bolting a turbo on I can do it and not worry.

Yes sir. I was looking at more but I don't want to over clutch the car. Some guys I talked to said it can be just as bad as under clutching it. Glazing problems for say.

Valair Built me a great clutch for Project X " The Beelte " and its not stiff at all , but it has never slipped and the motor dynoed 345

Last edited:
Hmm. That sounds like fun.

I stripped the car today. Goes for paint and then clutch is following week.

696EA847-CB16-462B-9032-2C5723A3A3CD-11056-000018D7888C7E58.jpg

Back