stock ride height.

p7100

Swedish
Hello
I have started to tare down the suspension on my Dodge diesel -95.
I found some big blocks between axle tube and leafspring. Don't know the size yet but how are these trucks stock?
Is there any blocks from factory or are the leafsprings bolted directly on the axle tube?

Also in front there's a "block" between the coil and shock tower to raise it.
How is it here from factory? And block or sits the coil diretcly to the tower?

Hope you understand what i mean.

on 4x4 trucks there are some pretty decent size blocks on the rear between the leafs and the axle tube stock. They are 4" or so in height. On the front the springs should sit directly on the tower with a thin rubber boot between the spring and the tower just to keep the spring from corroding or eating itself up.

Ok so they are really that high in the rear from factory.
Gonna have to measure the blocks to night.
Then it must have levelling blocks in the front then.

Yes they are that high from the factory. It sounds like you have a leveling kit in the front...something similar to the pic below. The leveling kit could be metal or rubber/poly.

dodge-lift-kit_374-base.jpg

Haha thanks guys, you can count on compD people. :)
Yep the rear suspension is exactly like the pic an dmy blocks is exatcly 12cm= 4 1/2"
It seems like it's a leveling kit on my truck, they are metal and approx. 2" high.
The reason i ask is i wanna know which schock absorber i need to buy. :)
Thanks again.

Next question is: as i have the truck torn apart into a million pieces and gonna assembly it with better parts and so on. I started to wonder which coil should be best to maintain the height i have now + be able to remove the leveling kit.
There must be some better coils out there for comfort.

Thirteen fabrication makes some good dual rate coils at a decent price. Thurenfabrication.com

Thuren fabrication, not thirteen fabrication. Damn autocorrect

Back