stock turbo

steph38

frenchy rookie
can somebody tell me the maximum boost i can crank the stock turbo.

Depends on how much fuel you throw at it. remember, that more boost does not always equal more power. What mods do you have?

If you want it to live long you won't want to take it past 25psi regularly.

Which means I'll be needing a aftermarket one sooner or later ... LOL

i got a superchips programmer, AEM cold air intake, 5 in. mbrp turbo back banks wastegate and wheel compressor. Im looking for trade the superchips for ts performance 6 position chip. AM i on the good way.

They will live quite long at 25-27# boost, after that they start telling you they dont like it...

Agree with the above posts, my turbo gave up when I started pushing it to 30+. I played with the Map sensor line making it lose vaccuum by inserting a piece of brake line in it with a small hole drilled in it. She gave up after a couple of thousand miles pushing 30+

The Garrett BB 38R solved the problem as a replacement and has been giving me good service for the past 60,000 miles hitting 35+ lbs. regularly.

~W

How do you like the ts perf. chip? I figure buy one soon after maybe next spring a bigger turbo did you run on a dyno. Can you give how many hp and torque, thanks for your answers.

No dyno, I am a weasel!
I just know that the TS chip gave me more get up and go than the Bully dog / Van Aaken chip I had in earlier. I have the programmer/burner for both and have found that the TS software is what people want.

It's funny because I bought a new burner to do the TS tunes, the next truck in the shop needed a 75 hp tune and I could not get the TS burner to work with my PC.... So I took the Bully Dog / Van Aaken chip out of my Power stroke and burned it to fit this customers truck, I told him I would warranty the chip as if it were new. I was out of chips and made the decision to try the Kentucky hp method.

My customer recieved a VA tune of 75hp and called to thank me a week later, he loved the performance and the mielage was a big bonus!

I drove my powerstroke home from the shop, it sucked because it was stock as stock gets and I felt like a boy in a skirt on the football field. When I got home I used my new laptop with windows XP on it.... I tryed to see of the program fro TS would burn a chip. once I got the burner working I figured I gotta put something back in my truck..... and I hoped it would be as good as the off shelf Bully dog " Philip" tune that I wrote over when selling my chip to my customer. To my suprise, I was much happy with the "Fuel 7" progam that TS had furnished me........... simply put it ROCKS!

If you want a 7.3 PSD to run..... no question

TS Fuel 7

~W

Back