Super B Downpipe Hitting Firewall

anthony77ca

I just bought a new super B and downpipe. The downpipe doesn't fit, it runs into the firewall. My old down pipe 3inch off turbo to 4inch fit great. Has anyone else had this problem? What a pile of .$&9. What is a good 4 inch downpipe for this truck? 1997 12valve, nv5600.

That's weird. Is it an hx40 down pipe? It should fit no problem.

I don't know. It runs into the firewall, if I leave the clamp loose and spin it , it just never fits right. I got it hooked up to the exhaust, but it's hard against the firewall. I'm frustrated, it's 100 degrees and I want to take my dog over the hill to the beach.

WTF?

Does it only touch in a little spot? Take a hammer and dent it in where it touches the firewall so it just barely doesn't touch anymore :D

Does it only touch in a little spot? Take a hammer and dent it in where it touches the firewall so it just barely doesn't touch anymore :D

It lays hard against it for a good few inches. With the old one I could fit my hand between it and the fire wall. What about the insulation and things behind it? its just not right.

thats wierd mine fit no problem too. now i have 5 inch and thats a different story!

either call wherever you got it from or just ban either the pipe in or the firewall back to make it fit proper

thats wierd mine fit no problem too. now i have 5 inch and thats a different story!

My original one fit flawlessly as well, I too now have that same 5" down pipe issue...though having 2 turbos now makes the 5" DP worth it:lolly:

maybe you could post a pic of what this pipe looks like, and where it is making contact with the fire wall, a hx40 downpipe that is shaped right, and installed correctly will have at least 2 inches inbetween the pipe, and the fire wall. i wraped my pipe last time i did a turbo change, helps keep things cooler near the pipe, and help with spoolup.

Wes

maybe you could post a pic of what this pipe looks like, and where it is making contact with the fire wall, a hx40 downpipe that is shaped right, and installed correctly will have at least 2 inches inbetween the pipe, and the fire wall. i wraped my pipe last time i did a turbo change, helps keep things cooler near the pipe, and help with spoolup.

Wes
I will do this when I get a chance. My old pipe did have about 2" clearance. This one hard against the firewall.

Back