Super duty cummins coolers

ratrod111

Has anyone had any issues cooling their 47rh using the super duty coolers ? I'm flowing through the cooler in the radiator first, then through the air cooler in front of the radiator and back to the trans. I spoke to someone who said that the mopar trans needed more cooling than the 4r100? He said that was the reason for the 1/2'' tubing on the mopar and the 3/8 tubing on the Ford. I would like to head off any issues before they happen . I didn't use the Dodge heat exchanger because of room. Thanks, Brad

Ran a 6.0 cooler by itself with nothing ran through the radiator on my conversion truck with zero trans cooling issues.

That's the same thing I run...a 6.0 cooler and nothing else.

Doesn't the 6.0L uses the bigger lines ..like a dodge..?.. I was going to go that route , but endied up remounting the factory turb style trans cooler from the side of the engine block to under the truck on the trans crossmember. The fluid going into that first then into a frame mounted B&M stacked plate style trans cooler with a fan.. works real nice on my dads truck. Truck runs a full built Garmon 47RE.
SDC15184.jpg

SDC15177.jpg

SDC15164.jpg

SDC15165.jpg

Reuseable steel A/N Fittings,Teflon lined A/N slipped inside Clear Vinyl for Chaff protection
SDC15166.jpg

SDC15185.jpg

Last edited:
Back