superduty 12v swap

Revemup15

Hey guys I bought a 99 2wd super duty that I'm going to throw my 12v and 47rh into... I want to reseal my engine and paint it... I want to show you guys all my progress and give me some help along the way... my engine has a super b special, 5x14s, all pump mods etc shooting for 600hp... can anyone tell me how to post pics... I don't have a computer just my phone.. thanks

I have a mild build 4x4 47rh and I need to convert it to 2wd... I've searched and every answer I get is different... what's all involved... I built some homemade engine mounts.. now I'm working on my trans cross member

I have a mild build 4x4 47rh and I need to convert it to 2wd... I've searched and every answer I get is different... what's all involved... I built some homemade engine mounts.. now I'm working on my trans cross member

should be just a matter of swapping the housings and output shafts.
may need a different intermediate shaft as well.
hope this helps.

I converted the other way. 2wd to 4wd. There are the governor tubes back there that you need to swap as well. Their different on the 2 and 4wd. You have parts?

I have all the parts you need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

as far as the alternator, i would always prefer to run the stock dodge one with an external regulator as the ford ones wont charge the battery's enough without a pulley change and a custom mount as they actually spin slower than the dodge ones.
there is a write up floating around somewhere on here about the differences.
hope this helps.

im running the factory ford 5.4 alternator on my setup and it keeps up just fine even with my stereo i can cut you out a bracket on my cnc plasma for the alternator if you would like i should still have the file text me at 1 204 572 5244

Hey guys got my 47rh converted to 2wd... I took a 518 overdrive tail housing off and it bolted right on my 47... I had it done in 5 minutes... super easy... I am starting on the conversion this weekend... I'm assuming nobody wants to see pics... nobody has told me how to upload them yet.... I'm going to use 1st gen mounts... that will save me hundreds I'll make sure I get pics if anyone is interested

im running the factory ford 5.4 alternator on my setup and it keeps up just fine even with my stereo i can cut you out a bracket on my cnc plasma for the alternator if you would like i should still have the file text me at 1 204 572 5244

I sent ya a text.. I would like a bracket

you need a photo site account somewhere i use photobucket then you copy the direct url from your account..going to double check to be sure can be done from phone just as soon as my dumb smart phone lets me..

Hey guys I got engine in... it was stupid easy... all I used was factory 1st gen engine mounts... I'll get some pics for yall...no need to buy expensive mounts!

Oh btw I converted my trans to 2wd... was easy as pie... literally just swapped tailhousings... I even used a 2wd tail housing from a 518.... couldn't use one from a re... the tailhousings is shorter

Back