Sxe 369 vs fmw s467.7

I didn't claim 800, but I would put money on it that it is over 800, I think it will be closer to 1000. the dyno just got repaired after an issue, once I get the drive gauge on I'll be dynoing.

The dyno is a dynocom load cell, when I did 862hp I ran a 11.5. @ 120mph on that setup with the s475 with a soft 10psi launch

Man, our 12v's must suck at making HP if CR's are seeing 800+ out of the S467's that flow 91 lbs/min max.

We're lucky to see 650 HP out of the 369sxe on our 12v test mule and the 369sxe flows 98 lbs/min max.

When we size turbos for customers, the rule of thumb we use is 7 horsepower per LB of air moved on the compressor map for 12v cummins w/12mm pumps and 8 horsepower per LB of air moved for common rail trucks.

With our formula, you'd get 728 RWHP potential for a CR with a 467 and 784 RWHP for a CR with a 369SX-E.

Similarly, you'd get 637 RWHP potential for a 12v with a 467 and 686 RWHP for a 12v with a 369SX-E.

Here's a video from some of our dyno testing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94j-YROdRvA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fg4m8KlKsBE

Yea there ability to make hp is stupid. 2 trucks local to me did 1030 ish on a 471/83. Another did 1000.xx on a 467/87. Both chargers are getting the screws put to it but not man 12v's are going to make that kinda power

Comparing any of the older generations to an 07 common rail is apples to oranges and I think many know that.

but...

I take it the 772 kickstart put down with one on a 12 valve was just a fluke? Vp trucks putting down 700hp just a fluke?

Common rails have broken 800 hp fairly regularly with an S467.

The s300 sx-e kool aid is a bit strong. They drive great and make great power but out of all of the sx-e series we have sold none of the dyno numbers from customers are reinforcing the flow claims from borg regardless of turbine configuration. The same can be said for many others on here I would bet...

To each his own. I would much prefer the added bearing support an S400 offers and the proven track record.

I didn't claim 800, but I would put money on it that it is over 800, I think it will be closer to 1000. the dyno just got repaired after an issue, once I get the drive gauge on I'll be dynoing.

The dyno is a dynocom load cell, when I did 862hp I ran a 11.5. @ 120mph on that setup with the s475 with a soft 10psi launch

At Schieds this year, I spoke with a guy who had a 05. He had 100% Exergy's, PPE Duals (both stock pumps), 369 w/ .91 housing, valve spring, push rods, HP Tuning, and stock bottom end. He made 903/1704ish. He said the 369 is a damn animal when it hits.

I was initially leaning towards a FI 472 with their et-r wheel but have been considering the 369 with the 1.0 housing here as of late. Little more cost friendly and probably quit a bit easier to drive although I see with a manual, it's fairly easy to drive a bigger single...

JE

Comparing any of the older generations to an 07 common rail is apples to oranges and I think many know that.

but...

I take it the 772 kickstart put down with one on a 12 valve was just a fluke? Vp trucks putting down 700hp just a fluke?

Common rails have broken 800 hp fairly regularly with an S467.

The s300 sx-e kool aid is a bit strong. They drive great and make great power but out of all of the sx-e series we have sold none of the dyno numbers from customers are reinforcing the flow claims from borg regardless of turbine configuration. The same can be said for many others on here I would bet...

To each his own. I would much prefer the added bearing support an S400 offers and the proven track record.

+1 on the s400

As I said, I went to the 369 because I'm taming the truck down, and I also tow heavy. The each have there place.

As for the original question, and not knowing a lot about the truck, I think I would go with the S369 T4 1.0 and a 2nd gen swap.

Back