t3 vs t4

24v01cumminsHO

ok so im mostly curious on a set up for my build. now it has a hamilton 188/220 cam,and im gonna be purchasing a stainless exhaust manifold, what im wondering is which would be better a t3 foot or a t4 foot which ever i use is gonna be a 66mm compressor, what is the benfits of both cuz if i get a bw s366 i see ones that come with a t4 twin scroll and the price is cheap so if i go that route i can get a race cover and have a nice turbo for less than say II silver bullet that i know is a t3 which would be better? if i got the bw i can aslo buy a 64mm wheel and cover if i dont like it. also eventually ill be adding what ever i get to a compound set up probly over a 75 or 80, so my main question is t3 or 4? wanting to buy my manifold soon. just in case here are is the build so far.. hamilton 188/220 cam, cr lifters, 110lb valve springs, exhaust side of head slighty ported and polished by me,cpp 6x18 injectors,headstuds, 175hp p7100, 022 dvs, 4kgsk,093 holders,084lines,rack plug thats about it for now. eventually ima get a 12mm thats benched and maxed or a 13mm. but funds didnt allow that and not being there with my truck so just wanted to push my 175 pump and i got it for 200 from a friend.also thinking about goin with a 7x14 instead til i get the new pump

Last edited:
Flow is better without loosing anything on the bottom.

Flow is better without loosing anything on the bottom.

Some argue that the smaller T3 provides more velocity and spools quicker, but honestly, I agree with you and have never noticed this. Although I have never been in the situation where a truck was set up the exact same with a T3 and then a T4.

My opinion is to go T4 and you'll be happier. If you're worried about spool, buy a billet wheel, or run a slightly tighter A/R.

you are probably more right about something being lost in low rpm velocity vs spoolup when compairing a t4 to t3 because it is physically smaller but my point would be that if you are going to have a 66 or larger turbo then you goal is not for the bottom spoolup but more for top end power.. at that point the t3 becomes more of a back pressure problem then the slight spoolup benifiet..
it depends on your goals. I run t4...

Back