tachin' up a 12v

firstday

hey guys, new to the site, and hot rodding diesels for that matter, I've got a 98 1 ton dodge, 12v, nv4500. It's got a 6 fuel plate in it, that;s about it, runs pretty hard, but does not rpm consistently, sometimes 3k sometimes about 2700. I've got an s300(64/71/14) I'm gonna run on it, and I'd like a set of 5x.014 nozzles for it as well, does this sound like a good streetable combo? also what;s it gonna take to get a little more rpm out of it? thanks

Post in the right forum and you'll get better answers.
Looky here...a whole forum for your year motor.

Put a set of 4k gov. springs in you pump and that will solve the problem.

Looky here...a whole forum for your year motor.[/QUOTE

I am aware of the forum for that particular ENGINE, didn't see any motor forums though, and as my intentions are to be drag racing this, the logical choice was to go with the one that I did.

With the injectors and turbo you want u will be makin some good power. But first you'll need governor springs(4gsk) and somethin for yr tranny.

edit: just noticed he said NV not auto.

get a good clutch in it and updated 5th gear nut and you should be good to go. i recommend Southbend for clutches

Last edited:
Looky here...a whole forum for your year motor.[/QUOTE

I am aware of the forum for that particular ENGINE, didn't see any motor forums though, and as my intentions are to be drag racing this, the logical choice was to go with the one that I did.

The drag racing forum is for discussion about well...drag racing.
The forum I moved your thread to is where it should have been posted originally. Questions about motor builds belong here.
PS...cocky don't fly here so don't go there.

The forum I moved your thread to is where it should have been posted originally. Questions about motor builds belong here.

This
Is

Listen, I'm not here to start arguments, I'm here for information. In future posts, I'll keep my cocky remarks to a minimum, just as I'm sure you'll try to avoid anything to patronizing. Speaking of drag racing, how's that ford hook up?

Back