The first ever TCI 5R110 tranny and TC

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
Picked up the new TCI 5R110 tranny that they built in a race application at the TS performance race this weekend. It will go in the Ranger. Brad Childs delivered it, and gave me instructions to try and break it. It looks sweet. Also got the new 2600 stall converter, all billet, and built to handle anything I can throw at it. These pictures do not do either of them justice. Thanks Brad!

Deranged_TCI.jpg

TCI_TC.jpg

Lord, not soon enough. LOL Its getting closer, and all the big stuff is there, just not enough time to work on it.

My trans guy says that the 5r100 is the easiest trans he has ever built. All the valve body is is just a few solenoids. Has anyone tried doing their own yet?? It can't be that hard to swap frictions, steels, and a few shafts....

My hydraulics teaher builds high performance transmissions as his other occupation, so when the time comes, I plan to build mine with him walking me through it. Should be cool to see what makes it tick. Also to have the pride of building it myself.

Looks great Tim! Are they planning to start mass producing 5Rs?

That seems to be there plan Colin, but they want me to Beat it up pretty good first to see if it can handle the HP and TQ loads. You gotta love a company that tells you when they drop off your high dollar tranny to "Go out and try to break it!" :rockwoot: I think thats called confidence from being around the block a time or two. TCI builds trannies that go behind 3000 HP drag cars. Oh yeah they also own Comp Cams, and Zex Nitrous systems.

That is a sweet looking trans, the little ranger ever going to get run on the left coast?:Cheer::pop:

hell tim if they own comp cams you should talk to them about doin a cam for the ranger... they already make one for a D-MAX... that could be somthing else out there to put on the market seein as how elite is the only one that I know of that makes them>>???

ALready did a Cam for the Ranger. That was before I hooked up with Brad from TCI!

Back