Thermo-King Isuzu

Bobus

Powerstroked
I have a little Isuzu Engine off a thermo-king reefer.. I went to start it but it wouldn't turn over, so I (like an idiot) pulled the Injectors instead of glow-plugs, and turned it over (it was Hydro-locked) Now I went to put the injectors back in and 2 of the 4 don't line back up with the injector lines, But I found what looks like a crush washer, laying in some of the oil.. So do these have crush (Sealing) washers on the injector tips? Yes it has large copper (or something similar) Washer on them too

What model reefer is it? Our reefer mechanic should be here in the next week or so and I will try to remember to ask him.

Model Name - NWD30
Model # - Super5237
Off a '90 Great Dane Trailer

If it's an IDI motor...the VW 1.6 IDIs have a thick washer under the injector, if I recall correctly it's called an injector heat shield. If you remove the injectors on a 1.6 VW and crank the motor, 90% of the time the heat shield will blow out.

Last edited:
I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet Bob. I've yet to get a hold of our reefer guy.

If it's an IDI motor...the VW 1.6 IDIs have a thick washer under the injector, if I recall correctly it's called an injector heat shield. If you remove the injectors on a 1.6 VW and crank the motor, 90% of the time the heat shield will blow out.

Thats what i'm thinkin

I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you yet Bob. I've yet to get a hold of our reefer guy.

Not a problem, Havent had time to work on it.. Plus i just found a Thermo-King Service shop here locally so i'm gonna stop and chat with him about it

Back