Thinking of switching back to my HX-35

the496rocket

I hace had the HE351VE operating on my truck for a couple months now, I am currently using a spring to actuate the vanes by drive pressure, the problemis I am not noticing any performance increases on the top end over my stock hx35. I have tried manycombinations with the spring and the adjusting bolts whick determine how the far the vanes open and close, and It still seems as tho I have lost power, I find it VERY difficult to do a brake stand and light the tires where as with my 35 it was no problem. my original plan was to eventually but a fleece controller for it, but I am wondering now it it would be better just to put that money towards a B1 or super B or something in that range. I dont want to spend 600 and have basically no change in performance or acceleration, thats why i am considering putting the 35 back on... any input?

Mine runs way better, far more torque at lower rpm's. It also spools alot faster, I can build about 5-6 pounds just bringing up the rpms in neutral. But like you said, I have not had much luck with it on the top end yet. Curious to see what is brought up on this topic.

sorry, 99 auto, drag comp, 80 HP injectors, Cold air intake.

I'd try to throw more fuel at it. With the mods you got your not really past the limit of the hx35. Fleece runs there vgt with a set of 200's. I know antoher guy with 220's and a vgt.... I personally think 200's is to much.... but I'm willing to bet a good set of 150's will wake it up a lot!!

I had problems with spool-up and overall power gains with my He351ve that I installed on my 95' Junker Drag truck. I finally found a bad exhaust leak, it had actually eaten half-way through a stainless steel gasket on one side and completely blown through the t-3 gasket on the other side.

I ended up building a new adapter with better welds and thicker flanges and the difference was amazing! Much, much, much, faster spool-up. Gasser V-8 like torque, instantly spin the tires in 1st or second gear, zero turbo lag, and a nice little bump in the top-end HP. Unfortunately the quick spooling led to increased turbo bark and I hurt the turbo and bent the shaft in just a few weeks.

My advice would be to check for pre-turbo exhaust leaks, especially at the exhaust manifold to turbo housing connection.

I am just thinking I may be better off getting an S300 or something in that range rather than spending 600 for a controller for this turbo, which will not have as much of a performance gain over a s300

you are going to need much more drive pressure. you are trying to compensate for a lack of engine size that the turbo was ment for with fuel and drive pressure. you might want to up your injector size or possibly do a stack with your drag comp to squeeze some more out. gotta remember, while it may be a vgt it was still ment to be on an engine that is almost a whole liter larger.

Dom

So in everyone's honest opinion would I be better off putting the 600 towards a b1 or a super b or even get an hx40 or s 300?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

i would think it would be better to spend on something from bd or an s300 in case you get the urge to go bigger on fuel side. speaking of hx40s i just blew mine up today with the new 6x18s got 62/75/1.15ar s300 to go on prob spool like a dog but better than throwing stock h1c on an doing the same thing. lol

Back