This 2.8 Ford Deserves its own thread.

Ok, I thought he was 2.8 since he's in 2.8 at the buck. Trucks looked too the same to me in the vid. with the winshield sticker.

You have Ian confused with someone else, Ian's truck is a green reg cab 2nd gen, Brian's truck is a silver/gray 4 door short bed 3rd gen.

What happened?

Severe lack of communication.

I gave up the presidency last year due to personal issues. Many thought I would step up once the year started and that was not the case (that being said I feel the club was poorly prepared). This year it was voted on to have our first pull up in Epping NH at New England dragway as the track owner and promotors were trying to increase business (good idea for them and a great opportunity for the club). Many of us arrived Friday night to prep things and here is the top 10 things wrong (there were many more)

1: We were never charged at the gate (which later became an issue)
2: We could not operate equipment until 9AM (logistics issue for prepping the track)
3: Track had been covered by sand
4: We were told we could use the equipment that was there (and then were later told certain equipment was off limits and scolded for using it)
5: The track was 3/4 mile away from spectator parking (in 90+ degree weather)
6: There were a few porta-potties and no concessions (ice cream truck showed for a little bit)
7: Our lazer was never tested and had issues the first day (Club's fault)
8: Sand was pulled off the track Sat night and Clay put down to try and make the track tighter, but no equipment to work it in which led to a greasy mess Sunday morning and a late start as it was graded off to the side
8: We had a solenoid and switch go on the sled the second day, combined with fixing the track and having to constantly stop for the monster trucks (seperate issue) made for a boring day for pullers and spectators as there was no continuity.
9: Our club was poorly prepared to be having our first pull so far away and logistics at the venue compounded it.
10: Loud equals fast (personal gripe)

It is my understanding from talking to the Vice President of our club (we still have not had anyone step into the President's role), the venue is trying to withold money. We were supposed to have money upon arrival for sled transportation that never materialized and now they are trying to deduct money for their oversights (several members have put up personal money to cover payouts and sled transportation costs, which makes it personal to myself and others).

There is hard feelings on both sides, and much of it was due to lack of communication and/or miscommunication which is unfortunate as I feel most/all of it could have been avoided. I felt bad for the pullers who traveled to the "show" only to find a poorly thought out event (from both sides) and I put some of the blame on our club. The venue has major potential and has the room and location to grow. I doubt we will be back (for many reasons), but I hope the future brings good pulls to the dragway as there is great potential.

Both of the gentlemen I spoke to at the dragway were polite and willing to work with us. Unfortunately at times their was lack of continuing communication from both sides which led to issues and is currently being compounded.

For those that made the trip, I sincerely apologize and I am making it a personal mission to keep things like that from happening again (at least from our club's perspective). Thank you for supporting the sport of truck pulling though.

Back