Thoughts on this!?

dangerous06

diesel tech
Would putting a Nitrous nozzle pre intercooler help drop temp for the intake air? What size would be best? I'm teeing my main soleniod to have a nozzle pre intercooler and the main nozzle in the horn. Have any thoughts or suggestions!? Jet sizes? Also Has anyone run just the nozzle without the jets? using a pressure regulator instead to control amount?

yes, this works out better than in the horn... ie makes more power with the same size jets.. been there done that.. and if you have the fuel no jet makes more power

I would have to argue that point Dezl made. One running no jet is not smart. we did this and have experience in this area. Why spray the intercooler and have the nitrous heat up going through the cooler then into the motor. Use a more direct route like the horn and spray the motor taking full advantage of the nitrous and how cold it is (370 degrees below zero) make the main injection point the horn! I have time slips to prove it works better and more efficiently

Good point! So back to my question would it help to spray a little pre cooler?

Thanks I love advice from guys who have been there and done that!! What do you think of stages or is just one shot good to go?

What are your goals? Jet and line size? Again just one guys op. you wont need the water injection system. Multiple stages are good we run 2 stages

You really want the nitrous as close to the valves as possible. That's no folklore either.

The only problem with running all the nitrous at the intake horn is that you can only get so much in, and you can only get it in so quickly without backfiring. I have lots of first hand experience with this. Once I moved more of the nitrous pre-intercooler I was able to run more nitrous and get it in sooner without backfiring. This is on a single turbo application with a lot of nitrous.

Just trying to clean up the smoke and have a little extra push! Right now I'm putting a nozzle pre intercooler and another in the horn. NOw about zet size any input? The soleniod I have is good for 450hp but I'm using 4an lines. Any easy to read charts out there for selecting jets? I want the main injection at the horn with a smaller amount pre cooler.

i have 1 pre ic and 1 in the horn. i havnt played with it much but it seemed to work. i have a .110 pre ic and a .073 or .075 in the horn. i had a bad exhaust leak when i dynod so could only make 40 psi without the spray but when i sprayed i gained over 150hp.
we hit the switch late in this graph with the fuel only to compare.

latenitrous.jpg

Nice numbers! Man that NOS really bumped it up even late it looks good!
So you ran a bigger jet pre IC!

I have heard mixed things about where to put the nozzles but one common thing I always heard was that in the ic is more forgiving but in the head will make more more power with the same size nozzle.

Nitrous does a great job cooling the air, if you put it pre-intercooler then the intercooler's efficiency is hugely reduced!

If the nozzle is after the IC it can get the air near or even blow ambient temperature! If the nozzle is before the IC, then ambient temperature is the best that will be possible.

Nitrous does a great job cooling the air, if you put it pre-intercooler then the intercooler's efficiency is hugely reduced!

If the nozzle is after the IC it can get the air near or even blow ambient temperature! If the nozzle is before the IC, then ambient temperature is the best that will be possible.

That actually kinda makes sense. But thats assuming you can get it down below ambient before the IC. It depends on how much you are spraying.

Back