throttle cable ball and socket mount

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
I've got a 95 dually that has a worn out ball on the throttle bracket. The one that holds the throttle cable on is severely worn on one side....which let's the cable pop off easily. I have a new ball mount from when I bought a eBay throttle cable a couple years ago. Problem is this new one threads on with a 10mm wrench. The factory one looks to be mated into the throttle bracket assembly? It doesn't look to be threaded on? Anyone have onsite on what to do. The factory one also does not look to have any flat spots to catch with a wrench to take it off. It's just rounded all the way around where the ball mounts to the throttle bracket

They are swaged or "riveted" in.
You have to carefully grind the swaged end off, pop it through the hole with a punch and install the threaded ball.
You may have to ream or dress up the hole to allow the new one to fit.

Mark.

Now if the old one was riveted, and im cutting or pushing it back through the hole. What will make the new threaded one bite? If no threads are present? Do I need to cut new threads into it? Sounds like I need to take the throttle assembly off. I was hoping to do this while it was on the truck lol .

Back