Throttle pedal hitch after AFC install

oct6454

This past weekend I did some additional fine tuning of my AFC to get my new setup running a little cooler. Everything went fine until I got back into my truck and found that the throttle has a bad sticking point now. Through a little trial and error I've found that the "sticky" point will go away if I unbolt the fuel shut-off solenoid.

I've tried just about everything I can think of....

Thanks,

Oliver

As of note, when you bolt back down your shut-off solenoid, do you have to push it down or will it sit flat on the AFC without force? Just trying to figure this out....

I don't have to push down on the solenoid on mine. I've read about them getting out of adjustment and not opening all the way, might have something to do with your issue.

I can't think of what it looks like right now but check anything that rotates and/or is a pivot point and make sure it isn't too tight. Maybe take it off and make sure the rod isn't bent and everything lines up and moves the way it should.

I'm curious if the lever is hitting the face of the AFC foot or catching under with the new position.

biggy238,

That's kinda what it feels like to me. Almost as if something is hanging up because as soon as it breaks free the fuel comes on hard and boost follows shortly there after.

So this morning I did a little testing with throttle position. This morning it stuck so bad that even at full throttle I wasn't getting any additional power.

This morning I took her apart once again and have verified that there is no throttle sticking when the AFC is removed, and the FSS is connected. That leaves me with one culprit...the AFC.

What's evading me is how the AFC and its foot could be cause the throttle to stick.

Back