throwing the gears with the gear vendors

crabbelle

Banned

after i hit 6, the road was still a little wet and the truck got sideways over a small hill that turns with tres on both sides. very fun

they are nice and very usefull.. they work off imput shaft rpm of the GV unit. to build fluid pressue in the unit.

basicly anything under 25-30mph its useless

I have had mone in my 97 for almost 3 years now. still in there too. I use it for the double overdrive. Stock mpg was 18 at 70mph. With GV on, at 75 mph I got 24 mpg. Now with the mods, if I am careful, I can still get 19 mpg at 75 mph. It lowered my rpm by 500

i had one in my truck but blew the tail shaft out of thing twice is anyone here solely drag racing and have one on their truck and if so how are you keeping it together?

im not sure why you use a GV unit for drag racing you dont need that many gears

with th400 and PG 2/3 and be a big rpm jump inth e shift... pending on engine built you can fall out of your power band. the GV can help make the gears closer... then the normal wide ratio setup.

well when your tacked out 250-500 feet before the finish line the gv unit would be perfect, there are a couple rails out there that are running them and a couple drag trucks so people are using them solely for drag racing im just trying to figure out how people are keeping them together

well when your tacked out 250-500 feet before the finish line the gv unit would be perfect, there are a couple rails out there that are running them and a couple drag trucks so people are using them solely for drag racing im just trying to figure out how people are keeping them together

hows your drive shaft angle? the closer to 0* of miss alignment the stronger it is.

from the pic in you avatar... you are dealing with a short drive shaft. take 10-12" out of the drive shaft and you angles become sharper at both the tail shaft and pinion yoke. and can increase binding of the u-joints.

posible sugjestion..

1. drop the rear of the truck
2. lower the tranny mount/ angle the engine/trany back more to give the drive shaft more of a straight shot to thee dif.

Back