Tick Tick

cumminspower59

Mind if I Smoke?
I just recently had a new head gasket and studs put on my truck. I also put heavier valve springs and push rods in as well as arp rocker arm studs and arp injector studs and new injectors. My question is, I now have a tick sound that increases in speed as I accelerate and slows down when I let off the gas. The shop that installed the parts have adjusted the valves and such and it hasn't changed any and they said they are all tight to spec. any ideas where to start looking?

Did they pressure test the head.clean and seat the valves check guides and all?When you said they installed a head gasket that tells me they did the spring work on the bench. hopefully they didnt drop anything.When you have checked all mentioned above it would have to be in the head i would think.Hope thats not the case.Why did you need a head gasket? you could have saved $275 by changing the springs in the truck

The head was taken off and sent to a machine shop to get cleaned and resurfaced. The machine shop seated the valves and put the springs on there. The reason I changed the gasket was because the head was coming off anyway.

Back