Timing and/or fuel problems?

kleann

VP44 pwr
Just did a conversion with a 913 pump off a running 12v engine. Set the timing at 5.9 degrees with a Snap-on guage found tdc using a dial indicator down the injector hole. Seems the fuel really comes out the #1 line but not as much on the others, the pump was running on the original
engine not 2 weeks ago. So not sure if it won't fire becuase of the timing or what could have gone wrong? Any suggestons on what to check? Also we tried to put the timing pin in the pump but couldn't find where it would engage, do the 913's have a timing knotch?

There should be a timing tab for the tdc mark. Also did you mean 5.9 mm?

There should be a timing tab for the tdc mark. Also did you mean 5.9 mm?

Yeah 5.9mm. I figured there would be a spot for the timing pin on the pump to go in at 13.5 degrees, but it didn't engage at any point turning it a full revolution, thats why I was wondering if the 215 even had a timing knotch or what you want to call it

yeah unless someone has been in it since the factory and removed it i think every pump has a tab that lines up with the plastic plug. was the pump pinned at 13.5* or has someone else been in it before you got ahold of it?

Yeah 5.9mm. I figured there would be a spot for the timing pin on the pump to go in at 13.5 degrees, but it didn't engage at any point turning it a full revolution, thats why I was wondering if the 215 even had a timing knotch or what you want to call it

Its not going to "engage" you need to be able to see in the side of the pump and when the finger comes around you then put the plug in. If you just stuck it in then when the finger got to the plug it just bent it over and keep rotating.

Its not going to "engage" you need to be able to see in the side of the pump and when the finger comes around you then put the plug in. If you just stuck it in then when the finger got to the plug it just bent it over and keep rotating.

Ok, guess we'll have to use a mirror! think I found out the mess up anyways and it isn't timing

A boroscope is the easiest way to find the hole. Those plastic plugs are a joke. If they ever happen to catch the hole they break off.

Don't keep us waiting. Whats the problem!?

A boroscope is the easiest way to find the hole. Those plastic plugs are a joke. If they ever happen to catch the hole they break off.

Don't keep us waiting. Whats the problem!?

DV problem, I feel stupid, but it's running now!

Back