Timing for 158 Spray Angle.

Whats the max timing you can go and have good results? I put in the thinnest washers in for him now gonna bump the timing up maybe 18-19ish. Stock P-pump 12 valve motor.

Thanks

I ran 26* with a set of 7x.010 at 158* and no ill effects. , only 7 passes between 13.7 and 12.73 though. IMO if this is a 7 hole injector sell it and get a nice set of 5 hole injectors.

on edit: just read your post in another thread stating you already went to a 5 hole. Carry on!

Last edited:
Friend of mine bought a set of 7x.010's and didn't go with my advice, just want to help him as much as i could with out saying hes going two steps backwards.

Friend of mine bought a set of 7x.010's and didn't go with my advice, just want to help him as much as i could with out saying hes going two steps backwards.

what are his goals? 7x.010 made negligible power difference compared to my 5x.012 DDP injectors

we put a set of Lee's 7x.010's 158* in my dads truck, timing is at 16.5* with the thinnest washers. It runs pretty good, i think you could probably get away with a few more degrees if you wanted.

Dads truck is a daily driver, horse hauling farm truck and for that application i wouldnt want any more timing then 17* , im actually thinking i might pull his back to 15*

Mostly a Street truck with not much for pulling or racing really, Id have to ask him more indepth. Has a hx35 over a HT3B going on it soon also. Mostly Tow truck with some snort.

Anyone else? Im still lookin at about 18 as the max for the street with okay mileage. I know my turd only got 12mpg and that was under the turbo 90% of the time. New toy should be here next week and maybe get me to 16 or more haha

Back