Tires

johnsjas

I have hit the point where the BFG AT will not work anymore. I am looking for help on what tires I should buy. My truck runs 11.1 in the quarter and I race in four wheel drive. Do guys have any suggestions on tires?

Thanks

i use the mickey thompson drag radials and run mid six second 8th miles .tires are only 29 inches tall so keep it in mind.however the tires are weight rated for our trucks and feel very stable going down the track...

I have two sets of rims 16 and 17 inch. I am currently running 305 70 R 16s and would like to stay around the same size so I dont change my final drive ratio.

I have two sets of rims 16 and 17 inch. I am currently running 305 70 R 16s and would like to stay around the same size so I dont change my final drive ratio.

If you want race tires, you're going to have to make a few compromises. If you look around, there are lots more race tires available for 15 inch rims. If you figured out a way to run 15", you could maintain tire height and run slicks. If you only want drag radials, you're going to have to give up a little height. Unfortunately, they don't make 33" tall drag radials in a 16" rim.

im gonna run Toyo proxe ST II's on my truck. should get some great 60ft times.
cheap tire considering im running 18's
will be even cheaper for your 16 or 17's

Run a 16x10 steel wheel and use the M&H racemaster cheater slick you can get them in a 30inch tall tire and that is what we are using on our truck. Soft 15lb boost launches are getting us 1.61 60fts

Run a 16x10 steel wheel and use the M&H racemaster cheater slick you can get them in a 30inch tall tire and that is what we are using on our truck. Soft 15lb boost launches are getting us 1.61 60fts

Those are impressive times. I was launching at 20 to 25 psi. It wouldn't come loose right away but within a few car lengths. Do you run four cheater slicks or are you running 2 wheel drive? What tire pressure do you run. I have mine set at 45psi but was thinking about dropping it to 30-35 to see if it helps.

we run all four cheater slicks as it is 4 wheel drive and I have my tire pressure set at 24 psi

what's the best choice for a 2wd? we are currently runnign a 15" MT ET drag radial in 29" and still having traction issues at 18 psi & 10 psi boost. Does anyone make a wheel with a 6-8" backspacing to keep the tires tucked under the truck? Thinking of going to a 12" wide tire on a 10" wheel. What do you guys think. ??

I've used Proxes and Nittos.. Nittos hook much better, but Proxes may be cheaper.. I ran 11.3 in a 2wd street truck on 20'' Nitto street tires.

Back