Torque Converter?

Izzy

what increases daily driving throttle response? A tight converter or loose converter?

i have a goerend converter and it is really tight. atleast it seems really tight. the stall on it is 900/400. just wandering if a looser converter would help daily driving.

looser will get you Lit sooner....more rpms before moving..

But if it's too loose you won't like it either....Call Phil Taylor (Slowpoke). His number's in my Sig. He can recomend what you may need and also change / refresh it for you. Most reasonable in the business!

what increases daily driving throttle response? A tight converter or loose converter?

i have a goerend converter and it is really tight. atleast it seems really tight. the stall on it is 900/400. just wandering if a looser converter would help daily driving.

If you bought the converter through Goerend or one of their dealers/installers no need to call anyone else other than Dave or your dealer. Goerend will send you another converter for free stalled however you like provided you send back the current Goerend converter in the truck. This is what I did in going from a 15 blade left cut to a stock stall.

Cant wait to get my VB and TC in the mail from Dave!
Brandon

i kinda like a tighter converter with a turbo that lights real quick.... hard to keep the tread on the tires.

Anyone know what the stall is on a 900/400? I have the same one from Goerend and it feels like the stall is around 1300-1400??? I really don't know though.

Anyone know what the stall is on a 900/400? I have the same one from Goerend and it feels like the stall is around 1300-1400??? I really don't know though.

How much torque does your engine make?

Stall speed is going to be affected by this.

That sounds about right. The first Goerend converter I had was two steps looser and stalled to around 1800

dave told me a 900/400 is around 1500-1600 stall. thats what i had at first and it would lit a 64mm turbo really well.

dave told me a 900/400 is around 1500-1600 stall. thats what i had at first and it would lit a 64mm turbo really well.

Okay, thanks. I really like the 900/400. It does not cause any problems trying to spool my 66 and 476 twin setup.

Back