Towed the Mustang to the track, Raced the Excursion

That sucks about the stang. I had an 89 LX hatch that went 14.8 bone stock on street tires. That's cool about the Excursion. Sounds about right for a hot 6.0L on the head gasket smoker tune.

Yes, I had a 100% stock 90 GT that went 14.7 on street treads, MAC shorties, and a 5 spd.

I could only get my '83 GT to a 13.73@99mph, but that was way back in 1988. Iron truck heads, comp cam, intake, 750dp, shorty headers, converted to C4 auto, junkyard 8.8". That car was fun to drive.

But I ran over a 1-1/2 seconds faster in my truck. Go figure.

Last edited:
I could only get my '83 GT to a 13.73@99mph, but that was way back in 1988. Iron truck heads, comp cam, intake, 750dp, shorty headers, converted to C4 auto, junkyard 8.8". That car was fun to drive.

But I ran over a 1-1/2 seconds faster in my truck. Go figure.

Mustangs are fun for sure. They are my first love. I have been 9.81 @ 139mph in my previous Mustang. I've been thrashing on getting my other Mustang finished, but has taken longer than expected. I'm putting together a combo that should go deep 8's, so this stuff has just been killing time while I wait. It is fun anytime you roll out to the track though!

I almost came up for the event in the Riv, but the wife wasn't gonna let that happen!

TL;DR Version

92 mustang is as slow as a tuned 1st Gen. Modded Excursion does 14 flat consistently. Owner has tons of fun in Ex. Likes Ex better than slow azz mustang. Owner also has decent 60fts and sleeps on a .500 Sportsman tree. On .400 pro tree he has a .0xx RT.

Slower than a tuned 1st gen... Lol

My d250 ran 14.8 with nothing but tuning.

Im from Wichita good to see diesels growing there! Sounds like you had a blast.

That's awesome, I've lived here about 15 yrs. there have been a few performance diesel shops pop up in the area in the last few years.

LOL, it's always fun to race the tow rig! Even though my truck is slow (2WD so no boosted launches), sometimes I get the enjoyment of a towed-in car pitting nearby that is slower than my truck! Glad you had fun!

Back