tractor enamel

MegaCabRam

The truck is 3 different colors right now so i'm just looking to get a decent paint job on it without spending a fortune, id rather spend the 2-3k on making it run better instead of paint. Just got a few Q's, What kind of primer would i need to use? I realize i need to use hardener but i have no idea how much to mix in? Can you put clear over it? iv read where some have and others don't recommend it. I was told that it would never dry if you put clear over it right away. If anybody has any pics id like to see them. I'm probably going with gloss black but there's a part of me that want to go with john deere blitz black.

There is a local puller that painted his truck with tractor enamel. It turned out really good. He said use a lot of hardener. You can pm blackbumper on here. He isn't on here too often but he might get back to you.
I used rustoleum on our 2wd with fair results. It looked good for a couple years.

Last edited:
Look into Imron from DuPont. Lots of hardener, but it turns out sweet.

On edit- I just saw you were trying to save a buck. Imron is a little pricey, or it was the last time I used it.

Last edited:
Yea I saw that but its definitely a little pricey, I'll probably go with the valspar that TSC carries, I'm just lost when it come's to primer, hardener etc...

I'd probably call a local body shop and find out where they buy their paint. Then I'd go visit them, tell them what you want to do, and they can give you some options. If they sell you the stuff, they'll be more able to help you mix it and get it right so you don't waste your time. Air pressure, paint volume, etc, etc, can change the way paint looks after the cure. $.02

My brother did his Scottsdale in Bobcat-white from TSC. Turned out real nice, but not sure how it would look on a newer truck.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well I painted the puller a few yrs ago and used IH red enamel. And beleve it or not i used Rattle Can paint... Help up really well but if i would have shot it and used hardener and clear coat it would have been so much better... thats what im gonna do this next round...

The exact mixing directions are on the paint can and hardner can. I used the premium series or restoration series. Use naptha for thinner. Pick up measuring cups at your parts store. I shot it with a hvlp and it turned out great. Pm me your number and I can text or email some close up pictures. I used ac Orange. As far as primer I just used a black sandable primer, and I welded in new cab corners and rockers and used a high build primer there.

The valspar works fine. Did the wifes horse trailer with it. The directions are on the paint and hardener. Different thinners depend on temp your gonna be in

Back