Tractor pulling, Then and Now

Jerry Sipes running his alcohol injected 5.9 Cummins

Attachments

• jerry sipes.jpg
    jerry sipes.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 117
I would rather watch 10 smokers pull than 30 alky burners...I grew up on smokers and will always believe they are the best, no matter what...

Go to Roland and Fonda Barr's website, they have alot of old pulling pictures...

Right now i am looking into rebuilding my grandfathers old H into a puller...

I would rather watch 10 smokers pull than 30 alky burners...I grew up on smokers and will always believe they are the best, no matter what...

Go to Roland and Fonda Barr's website, they have alot of old pulling pictures...

:clap: X2 just something about watching the smoke fly that does it for me.

X3, usually when the alky class is up that is when it is time to go and get more beer. Only time they are fun to watch is when they blow something.

I like Smokers and Unlimiteds...Though I like diesels...I truely love the sound of seven big cube Hemi's set on kill....

I couldnt agree more I am building a smoker now and wouldnt every build any alky tractor just nothin to see and the raw power of a diesel and the bellowing smoke and hearin that diesel spool up that is a priceless sight and sound:st:

I couldnt agree more I am building a smoker now and wouldnt every build any alky tractor just nothin to see and the raw power of a diesel and the bellowing smoke and hearin that diesel spool up that is a priceless sight and sound:st:

If I get a better paying job I may just put a IH smoker together...Been thinking about it since I started working in Iraq...Would be fun...You go to any county fair and see which classes all the people watch...SMOKERS...

If I get a better paying job I may just put a IH smoker together...Been thinking about it since I started working in Iraq...Would be fun...You go to any county fair and see which classes all the people watch...SMOKERS...

Thats cause most county fairs dont put up enough money to bring in any good alcohol tractors.

I like the smokers to, but when it comes to all out pulling power in a tractor chassis you have to give some credit to the guys who spent the time and money to build an alcohol tractor.

Thats cause most county fairs dont put up enough money to bring in any good alcohol tractors.

I like the smokers to, but when it comes to all out pulling power in a tractor chassis you have to give some credit to the guys who spent the time and money to build an alcohol tractor.

I mean when the classes are equal size...More fans in the stands for the coal burners...Dont get me wrong, I think they are wicked for producing several thousand horsepower from a 650 cubic inch 6 cylinder...Personally I think Larry Roberts had the right idea with putting 3 Alky burning DT's on a Mod Chassis and running it...If anyone hasnt seen it, yeah, F'N awesome...

Here is the tractor that sparked my intrest in "The Smoke Blowers" when I was 5 years old.

Attachments

• ironelk1992.jpg
    ironelk1992.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 36
Back