tranny problems

RAMICATOR

They Call Me Boner
well i bought this truck almost a year ago, guy said the trans was recently rebuilt and had a ****s kit in it. it has a nice pssitive shift.

like normal if i dont come to a stop at a stop sign it doesnt always go down to first gear, start to accelerate it will then downshift then right back up to second

well it did this to me friday night but when it went to down shift there was nothing there to speak of. rev it up to 2k rpm in it starts to move, wont up shift and reverse it the same way.

i dont know much about the autos, other than what i have read. going on that it line there is very little line pressure cause by an accumulator piston that is cracked and or stuck.

any ideas to point me in the right direction?

thanks and sorry for the long winded post

If I understand you correctly, when you rev the truck to around 2,000 rpm it barely starts to move? Does it do this in every range position (R, D, 2, 1)?

Just trying to clarify your symptoms.

If I understand you correctly, when you rev the truck to around 2,000 rpm it barely starts to move? Does it do this in every range position (R, D, 2, 1)?

Just trying to clarify your symptoms.

yes that is correct

nope, fluid checked fine, that was the first thing i checked. i prolly had 10 miles in it that afternoon. 5 from work to home and about another 5 from home to my parents house with a stop at farm and fleet in between. so it was warm and in neutral when i checked it.

mine was all of a sudden though. never had any problems befor this since i have owned it. just downshifted to first and had just enough to limp it at about 5 mph and about 2200 rpm to my parents. i would almost bet it is fried now.

When my filter plugged, it did the same thing. I lost pressure. Turned out the stock tc was shot and there were shavings and all sorts of crap stuck in the filter.

Literally stopped working over night. just an idea.

Back