trans decision

123.cummins

this probably isnt the place to post but oh well so i have decided to combine the 2 projects i started in high school. now that i have a full time job and am out of college. i bought a 94 cummins rclb back in my freshman year and was planning on using it a senior project. i did some mods to the pump and then some injectors. got fed up with being broke so i decided to change it up and work on restoring a 57' chevy 3100 stepside reason being i had had truck (free) 327 (free) anyd aluminum forged pistons (free). long story short iran out of monry there too. i recently decided to combine the 2. My best friend and i are building this beast at his shop on Cape Cod. my biggest dilema right now is what to do about a trans. i have the 47rh with a garmon vb and a goerend tc and rebuild kit since this is a frame up custom build do i spend the money and finish making the whole thing fully built or do a 5600 swap. i am making a daily driver / tow rig with 750 to 850. Any other power, design or helpfull ideas are appreciated. i will be posting a build thread soon.

Build the auto, unless you're just hopelessly attached to the idea of shifting gears.

Auto... Never had one but I dislike the standard life.

yah i here yah whos parts should i use im thinking just staying with goerend and the only non goerend part would be just my garmon vb

Both are good folks. Lavon at Firepunk diesel also does good work.

I like my nv4500, shifting gears is something that's just a part of driving for me.

Fix 5th gear, big input and a dd clutch and you're good to go.

750 to 850 hp? Any manual options isn't going to hold in a dd. I shuck nv4500s left and right getting pretty quick at pulling um and fixin um haha

750 to 850 hp? Any manual options isn't going to hold in a dd. I shuck nv4500s left and right getting pretty quick at pulling um and fixin um haha

I disagree with that. It's all in how you decide to treat things.

Back