trans drops gears randomly

Finch

i had the trans rebuilt about 2k ago, i was out playing in tow/haul (3rd gear, locked) now when i drive it it will drop the gear and act like its in neutral, does it more often if its warm. it had to be rebuilt because the TQ convertor let go, all the external sensors were replaced.

is there a sensor or sylonode that could be going bad internally?

Thanks, Finch

sounds like a bad seal or bushing that is bleeding off pressure, low fluid, or a bad transmission mount that is allowing the trans to twist when the engine is under load, causing the linkage to pull the gear selector to neutral temporarily.

Lavon

everything external looks good, it did it again tonight..basicaly, it would randomly go to third and would diengage, then reengage 3rd, it would not lock the TQ in third with tow mode on. it finally thro a speed sensor code, but like i said, all sensors are new

You'll have to get a pressure gauge on it to see what its doing..

ended up changeing the speed sensor and that seems to have fixed it, even tho it was brand new 2k miles ago....we'll see, thanks LA miller for the advice

I was also going to suggestthe output speed sensor. That is how mine was acting and took it to dealer and they checked to see what exactly was going on and it was the 24$ sensor.

Back