trans question??

FCR10

I just installed a Ts 6 pos chip on my 03 f250, with a stock trans, last night and was test driving it the truck runs great but on the 100 and 140 tunes the shift points are good and firm but lag for about 2-3 seconds before shifting The is my first chipped truck and didnt know what to expect and was curious if that is what the aftermarket valve bodies were for to clean up the shifts??

Alot of times the generic tuning in the TS chips can cause this. Does it do it without the chip? If not it is in the tuning and I would recomend a more custom tuning.

Gearhead Automotive Performance (Matt Robinson), Power Hungry Performance (Bill Cohron), TW (Tony Wildman), DP Tuner (Jody Tipton), Beans Diesel, Diesel Innovations (David Lott) etc etc etc.... After matt and Bill in no particular order hahaha jk lol everyone is all good.

To original poster- Also some of those delayed shifts you could be feeling are the fact that the tune may have timing delay and defuel for shift. So like greenbeast said....its possibly in the tuning, and you may need something more fitting. If its not then a valve body would be nice but i also would like to input that its harder on stock clutches and drums.

Last edited:
I sent it off to beans last week and he got me fixed up, the truck runs and shifts like it should now. Thanks for the input!

Back