Truck cuts off at WOT!

rdix7991

Grumpy
Well I have a problem and cant seem to find a solution! Driving my truck normal it runs fine, but whenever I put the pedel to the floor... the truck cuts off, but I can start it back up and it will run fine until I floor it again...

Anyone had this happen to them..? I know it has something to do with the SOS...

mine did that once and it ended up being the shut off solenoid. every time i'd go WOT it would die then finally it just completely quit running.

you could try disconnecting the rod that pulls the shut off to see if that fixes it.

I had this happen to my truck last year. Mine ended up being that the turbo was pushing oil out the compressor housing. I'm not sure why this was causing it to cut out at wot. However once the charger was rebuilt I no longer had an issue. Not sure if this will help you. However don't over look the slightest things

Check fuel pressure and check the timing.

Does it smoke when it cuts out?

my moneys on the shut off solenoid. sounds exactly like what mine was doing.

Sounds like the shutoff solenoid to me. Check the relay, then the solenoid and if u like take all that crap off and make a manual shutoff cable.....makes for a nice anti-theft device too....:) I

Joe

I've seen loose and bad grounds cause this, check the ground wires that bolt to the head near the #1 valve cover.

Thanks for the replys. I will check all the grounds and make sure the relay is good. I just don't understand why it only cuts out at WOT. Why would the voltage be droping like that? If it is holding at idle and Half throttle, why......

Back