truck died and wont start back up

jackblack99

ok. so i was runnin into town and came to a stop light at the highway. truck dies. wont start back up. cranks over fine, fuel pressure is 70psi and tach moves. which i was told by 97Strokn&Smokn means the cam sensor is still good. checked all the fuses and they are all good. what would cause it to just die like that and not start back up? 97Strokn&Smokn thinks its the crank sensor. im pretty new to the powerstrokes and learning more everyday.. but still not so good at diagnosing these things yet. any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

oh yea.. i just went and got a cam sensor from the dealership and it didnt fix it.

PM'd you two guys #'s who can help! ;) PM me your cell # so I can just txt it next time! LOL

thanks mark!! ill get a message too ya!!

ok... well after following the advice of my buddy.. and checking the IPR.. i found the silinoid nut had backed off and the silinoid fell of the IPR valve. cleaned it up, put it back together and she's good to go!!

thanks mark!! ill get a message too ya!!

ok... well after following the advice of my buddy.. and checking the IPR.. i found the silinoid nut had backed off and the silinoid fell of the IPR valve. cleaned it up, put it back together and she's good to go!!

Good deal Chaz. Glad it was a simple fix this time man. :Cheer:

Back