Truck getting harder to crank?

cliff-1972

It has been almost 2 years sense I have gotten my truck back on the road.In the last month or so it has been taking longer to crank.When the engine is cold it cranks about the same as before,but after it comes up to operating temp. it takes longer,2-4 sec. before starting.The fuel shut was installed new 2 yrs. ago.What do you all think may be the problem.Thanks.

I was going to try that,but it just seems weird it started doing this after a couple of years.I always had to just crack the throttle a little to start it.Now I have to really press the pedel to get it started.Thanks

Could be something as simple as your pedal adjustment, or there could be some fowling in your fuel system. When it is running, what does it idle at? It can't hurt to throw a can of seafoam in the fuel tank but make sure to change your fuel filter after that tank. Seafoam does some wicked awesome ****. I put the tranny stuff in my 00 and it stopped it from slipping, its been great for about a year since too. You could also get a more rough start if the timing is advanced too far. My 95 is hell starting if its below 20° out. Ping me if none of these help. I may have some other tricks.

Idles at 850 and run Stanadyne Fuel Treatment every fill up.The timing is at 22 degrees and the pump gear is keyed.I'll try some Seafoam though.

Back