Truck stuck wide open HELP HELP

jstethem12

Banned
:badidea:heres the deal guys, i have a 1997 dodge 12v pretty big pump it has a fuel plate but hacked up, and twin turbos anyways at the pulls tonight i let my buddy pull it and it is also the first time we tried nitrous i had a Zex solenoid and a .093 pill in truck makes alot of smoke anyways when he came down the track it acted funny and ended up blowing one of the intercooler boots after the smoke cleared the truck was stuck wide open had to put it in 5th gear to stall it. I thought it had to do with the nitrous so i had him start it back up and it stuck open again shooting flames out the stacks so he stalled it again and i started examining and the fuel shutoff solenoid it stuck up and i think the fuel rail fell over and is stuck open WHAT DO I DO how do i get it unstuck do i have to send it out.

Sounds like you stuck a Barrel and Plunger, causing the rack to hang open...if it is stuck (try moving the throttle lever at the pump by hand) then forget getting it loose, just send it to a pump shop and have it fixed...

the throttle will work just as it should i tried that i dont think it was a barrel and plunger i think the rack fell over center

i understand know thanks alot anybody have any ideas on a good pump shop thats not extremely high priced.

I am guessing the engine would stop if you just let it run.
I don't suggest it though, you may not like the end result either.

it was backfiring pretty bad thru the stacks we stalled it, scheid told me i would not blow one of their heavy duty intercooler boots i didnt jsut blow it it disentigrated it. price is not the only motivator but i am not paying columbus diesel $700 for one barrel and plunger and installing it thats a guarantee. let me know of any good shops thanks alot

Your gonna pay $400+ to get a pump on a stand, and get someone to turn a wrench on it. $700 isn't that bad, did that include turning the pump up?

It should still go back on a stand. Who set the pump up at 650CC?

me and a local pump shop, we built it i have built several trucks but he passed away a little less than a year ago so i have no access to a stand now he worked the shop himself so everything is gone.

Back