Trying to get some stuff up for my swap

powerchoke-eatr

RACING!
i got a 98.5 24v and got the pump, timing gear, and front cover. would it not just be easier to just put a 12v head on it so i dont have to deal with the lines? i know the pistons are diff but i plan on rebuilding my motor anyways while its out. i can come up with a head im sure. i got 2 24v heads im sure i can do some swapping with a buddy of mine.

Unless you port the 12V head, I believe the 24V head flows better...not 100% sure but 80% maybe, lol. Also, I think guys keep the 24V due to the large selection of injectors out there, once again, just speculation since I have never looked into a p-pump swap. If it was me I would get new lines and keep the 24V head. My 2 cents

To swap heads you will also have to swap pistons because the injectors are in a different place. And you will need new injectors since you can't mount the 24v injectors in the 12v head.

Plus you would have to port the 12v head to not loose airflow, although a ported 12v head will out flow a 24v head.

I have heard that the cams will not interchange, along with a few other misc things. Different rocker ratios maybe?

I'd get the new lines for your current head.

well i know i'll have to change all of that, thats why i was saying im pulling the motor and rebuilding it anyways. but just seems like it would be alot easier to do that when i think i can get my hands on another 12v motor less the pump, which im not worried about, i got my friend at shiver diesel building one of those for me. put my cam sensor in the p-pump front cover. the cam is also different im pretty sure of lift and also it doesnt have the lobe for the fuel pump. i think i'll basically just put a p-pump 12v in my truck change the sensors over so they work and it should be alot easier with it all out anyways..thanks for the input tho guys.

Back