turbo lag problem

marcpate

jackass
need help getting rid of some lag, More timing? Nitrous? cant foot brake turbo more than 35# before truck moves. the lag is killing my E.T. I got a HTT 66 with 13cm ss. I posted a video of truck "old school chevy" sand drags. THANKS

maby lower gears for them huge tires. or a small twin setup. a 35lb boosted launch seems a little on the high side. maby try tuning the motor differently

Put a stiffer spring in the afc or crank on the star wheel to make the spring tighter. looks like its moving to far to fast.

boost

More timing wont help. what is 35#?

35 pounds of boost is all i can hold with the brakes before the truck moves or breaks front axle and hub or rips a capliper out of bracket like it did a few months ago. Jeff2 this is the motor out of the donor POS green service truck you did the pump work and tranny in this time last year. The truck runs awesome I just need to work on turbo lag. thanks

If you are breakin sht at the starting line while foot braking, you don't have a turbo lag problem. You have a too much boost at starting line problem

Hell I'd hope 35psi is all you can hold with the brakes...what more do you want?

I ripped the spragh clutch out of my transmission at 28psi, and have seen main shafts break around 40psi...what are you trying to do?

Chris

Im gonna bet on the old wastegate issue from HTT. Pull it and see if the gate arm is bent or the puck's are stuck against the housing.

Back