turbo locked up

lumberjack

I have a 92 12v that the Turbo locked up today. I have a 91 that I can switch over. Should I still k with this plan or. Upgrade the Turbo? If so what is a good choice? I use the truck for pulling. It has a nv4500.

You guys would probably consider it towing. I haul a 6000 pound trailer and and anywhere between 4 to 6 rank of wood at least 80 miles.

Hx35 would be my choice for a stockish truck, cheap, more air and it'll light quicker than the h1c.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

I would like to stay cost effective. I've got a 94 project that most of my money is going in.

put the other H1C on it and let it eat then, hard to beat a free turbo you already have.

Man get an HX35. Way better than an HC1. Night and day difference especially if you are towing.

I'm not sure why it locked up. I swirled and then lost all power and smoked like a freight train. Its stuck tight.

I have never seen an HX35 run cooler EGT's when towing over an H1C, quicker spooling yes because of the smaller ex housing, but if you add much fuel it can heat up on a long grade.

just my observations.

Drilling out the divider in the turbine housing (behind the wastegate flapper) would help that a bit.

NEVER had an EGT issue with a H1C. HX35 on the other hand...............

Back