Turbo oil leak/rebuild ???

BuckshotRam

Noticed that there's alot of oil coming out of the boot going towards the intercooler last night havnt took boot off but only place it can be coming from is out of the turbo.

Guess its time to get it rebuilt, its a s300 HTT 57/65/12. Who is a good place to send it to??? Ive heard good things about ED would it be worth sending to them and get it rebuilt as a 57/68/12 and have as my primary for a while and eventualy have in a set of twins.

if you are interested in making it a slighty bigger turbo, say a 62/68/ish, give Chris a call at ED, he will hook you up! very happy with my setup.

Wes

if you are interested in making it a slighty bigger turbo, say a 62/68/ish, give Chris a call at ED, he will hook you up! very happy with my setup.

Wes

Yeah I was wondering about that^^^ can they machine mine to the larger 62 going to call ED, HTT, and a few local places and get some ballpark quotes. Ive heard lots of good things about ED, im real interested in the 68wheel. I don't think I would have any problem spooling a 62, I got mine pump cut back a good bit.

i bet the 57mm spools like crazy!! go to a 62/65 or leave it and use it in a small twins setup

yes they can machine your turbo to fit the 62 wheel. get ahold of Chris, and ask about a super 62/68/13ss with a race cover, same turbo that i got from them, and it flat rocks. spools very well, and pulls hard on the top end. stay away from the 65mm turbine, it may spool a touch quicker than the 68mm turbine, but it won't make as much power on the top end.

Wes

Talked to chris today, he working me up some prices on a few diff options,
Kinda talked me out of getting mine rubuilt into a 62/68 because I would spend more on my 57 getting it there then it was worth, roughly $1100 to make my 57 a 62/68 vs $1500 brand new 62/68.

Stock Rebuild 57/65/12 good setup with my 181dv's

Rubuild to 57/68/12 maybe crazy fast spoolup and still flow some air twins later???

Rebuild to 62/65/12 said it would be cheaper didn't get exact price

Said something else about 60 extended tip wheels 60/65/12 rebuid??

What u guys think. I have yet to hear a bad thing about the 62/68/12 or race cover, but i would be better off to sell mine and buy new. Trying to weigh out options, I heard the 10blade wheels sound wicked...

try and sell you current turbo to make up for some fund for the new one, that what i did when i got my 62 from Chris. IMHO, i wouldn't wast your time with the 57mm compressor, go with the 62, you will have no issues spooling it, and it will have good top end as a single, and just plain awsome in a twin kit.

Wes

Do the 62/68 from Chris at ED. It will rock as a single as well as in a twin setup.

What combo's are u guys running/a good combo of fuel to run with a 62/68?
How much of an improvement is the "race cover". Chris said the 62/68 will do good to around 575hp then its hot. What hp are being made with the 62/68 twin setup. I don't think I really want to see what all that will make being my "Primary Vehicle".

it depends on what your plans are for the truck.

As of now its supposed to be my "daily driver" but here lately its been real parts hungry, Im about tired of working on this thing 24/7. I do landscape work and pull 5k trailer w/equipt quite regulary but always drive like I got some sense (trailer has name/number etc. no burnouts/smoke....you get the picture). I hope in the next year this can turn into a toy and get a newer 3rd gen to dailydrive, but until then I need to just keep it together and not cut into the "new truck fund".

I think I would have more fun with a quick spooling street truck than a when she finally lights hang on type truck. There is an 1/8th mile dragstrip 15min away that quite a few other trucks run at. Never Sled pulled wouldn't mind doing it but dont want to build this truck for that. If a 62/68 will do 575hp I think that would be fun in a reg cab to raise cain when I wanted to and workon it as I had time something that I don't need to have running 24/7.

So for now and the more I think about it I prob need to stick with the 57/65 but am interested in et wheels mybe 60???? I would rather spend a little more so it will be an upgrade. Need to pull boot off so im 100% its the turbo but what else could it be?? this damn trucks like the exxon valdeeze:bang

Attachments

• IMG_1971.jpg
    IMG_1971.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1975.jpg
    IMG_1975.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 9
Don't hate me but turbo's fine....should of just took the dang thing off and made sure. If you look at pic above on left thats what I saw when I was up under it checking my steering. Looks just like its coming out bottom of turbo. Its leaking from either the oil filter seal (new fleetguard filter 2-3weeks ago, its tight) or out the rubber hose connector between the turbo oil drain and port in the pan, and then driping onto a vac line and running under the boot and traveling down it. Oil Oil Oil everywhere undertruck watch out purple power here I come......

was going to say that mine did look like that untill i resealed everything, wasn't the turbo. well if that one ever blows, or you want more turbo, which im thinking that you are probabll asking alot out of that current turbo, go with the 62/68.

Wes

Back