Turbo question.

lidas

Hi everyone!
Time for my first question on this forum and i am sorry it's one of million other turbo size question, but I am very intresded in a turbo(gt 4202r) a member is selling here. I am a little worried that the exhaust housing is a little big? A/R 1.28. Thinking of having it under my 3788r stage3(63.5/72.5/1.11) in a twin setup.
Been searching and read every thread about garrett and it looks like A/R 1.15 is ideal but i dont now if it's make a big difference. And also have to ask if its better to change manifold and housing on the 3788r to T4 or is T3 okej.
The truck is used as a dd an some weekend racing almost never any towing.
I now the limits of the so vp44 and its no need to have powerrange over that.
Would realy apreciate a helping hand Thank's

The 1.28 will flow a little more, and overall probably wont make a huge difference if you have the fuel. I personally would want a tighter housing on the top turbo.

Sent from my phone.

Last edited:
Thank you for quick answer. I see i wrote wrong A/R on the 3788r it should be A/R .99 but i am thinking of going down to .89 instead.

Thank you for quick answer. I see i wrote wrong A/R on the 3788r it should be A/R .99 but i am thinking of going down to .89 instead.

Id prefer the .89 but some might tell you the .99.

Also missed this in first post, but if you can swing it, never hurts to go up to t4. Or port the hell out of the stocker.

Sent from my phone.

Have a 3-piece portmatched T3 today. But if i change the housing to smaler i have opportunity to choose the ideal flange. And i pressume the bottom(primary) would work best undivided?

Back