Turbo Shopping advice

fatboyslimmy

I am looking to purchase a turbo for a 2006 cummins.
Looking for something better than stock, daily driver, only mod is a diablo predator and have to stay under $1500.
What would you guys suggest?

There's many box stock units you can buy for under a grand. But there's also some great chargers with billet wheels and gated housings in your budget as well. Most 62-63mm chargers with 12-13cm or .90a/r turbine housings should suit you find. You get what you pay for tho. Some good companies to buy from are Fleece, Engineered Diesel, Forced Inductions and TMoney (compd member) owns Manning Motorsports. All great people.

HTT offers a modified stock turbo that works really well and won't break the bank.

Sent from my XT907

Like Gibson said, you can't go wrong with any of those guys. I run a 63/68/14 on stock sticks and I am very impressed. At your budget I'm sure Manning Motorsports could set you up, good luck.

We just went ahead and bought ATS Aurora 3000 should be here next week. Thanks for the advice. This was for my buddy and he was eager to buy a turbo since his truck has been sitting for two months, and he has no idea about turbo sizes or applications. I had called Forced Inductions to get a quote for a rebuild but they never got back to me even though they had my info, I guess they are pretty busy.

I hope that purple paint works out for you man. Not many people are fans of the purple around here.

Yeah I know but its his truck and hes an eager guy that couldnt wait one more second to find a better option, a fool and his money...

I was at Jose's today (Forced Inductions) and yes they're very busy. I hope no one ever buys an HTT, Bullseye, or anything from DPS! After hanging out with Jose and learning about the products other companies offer (Chinese turbos) I will never buy from anyone but him for turbos! Be ware of high dollar marketing schemes as well! FI doesn't even advertise and has more work than can be done. A lot of engineering and testing goes into their work that other companies haven't even considered. My avatar is my s475 wheel I picked up today

I was at Jose's today (Forced Inductions) and yes they're very busy. I hope no one ever buys an HTT, Bullseye, or anything from DPS! After hanging out with Jose and learning about the products other companies offer (Chinese turbos) I will never buy from anyone but him for turbos! Be ware of high dollar marketing schemes as well! FI doesn't even advertise and has more work than can be done. A lot of engineering and testing goes into their work that other companies haven't even considered. My avatar is my s475 wheel I picked up today

Interesting (Bolded part) I didn't know that!

Back