turbo size??

Turbo_69

Guys i need honest input, im running all stock fuel and turbo setup on my truck now. I finally got the tranny built right and it laid down 484 this weekend at Buda with a smarty and a puck. It wasnt my smarty so im not real sure what everything was set on but its real close to the 502 it does with me ppe. Id like to get on up into the high 500/low 600hp range. Does a silver bullet or even a sps66 with some 90hp nozzles sound reasonable considering it will probably be ran with stock cp3 for a while?

BTW I will on very rare occasion be pulling 10-15k which i know will be a pain because of rpms but i think i can work around it if i dont pull real far. Any help on turbo sizes would really help its driving me crazy and thats gotta be my next mod

I would go with 62-71-13 or 64-65-13 with an auto. 64-71-13 with a stick but a 66 with 15k on an auto and you will probably not be happy. There is more hp left in my 62. Only seems to get hot on higher settings when my stock CP3 won't keep up. I have run 90's with my stock cp3 for a while now and all is good until smarty #5 or up. The Higher #'s made less power and way more heat since the cp3 can't keeep the pressure there.

The 62 will do you good but it will be maxed out at about 600hp. The silver series are very nice and you can get some real nice results out of them. They spool up simular to a stock turbo so the lag aint that bad.

my 62 is to small for me. The turbo was one of my first mods and grew into it to fast. The 66 is going to be a bit laggy and might get hot though. I would do the HTT 62/65/71 ss. its a great top charger and a good single up to the 575hp range. With all of the supporting mods of course. Think long term before you buy.

whats the diffence between 62-71-13ss and a 64-65-13ss

one has a 62mm inducer wheel and 71mm exducer wheel, the other has a 64mm inducer wheel, and 65mm exducer wheel, both have a 13cm^2 housing....

but to put it better for you the first number of a turbo is the inducer wheel size in mm's

the middle number is the exducer wheel size in mm's

and the last number is the size of the turbine housing in centimeters squared....

hope this helps...

u won't be happy with a 62, u will want a bigger charger than that, I had a silver bullet on my 3rd gen and loved it, made great power and never got too hot, industrial has some great superphatshaft turbos that would be great with spool if u didn't want to to with a 74 turbine

whats the diffence between 62-71-13ss and a 64-65-13ss

I ran both these chargers back to back with 14 cm housings. Spool/egts are actually very close. The 64/65 was nicer around town with light throttle, but the 62/71 screams up top and likes a bit more throttle input.

Back