turbo upgrade help

mouse4x4

Highly Pissed
I have an 05 cummins with the normal mods. Edge with att 5 inch turbo back aem brute force intake transgo valve body.
The truck has 4.10 gears I tow a good bit but mostly just raise cain around town. I want to the turbo I was looking at an htt 62/71/14.
What do u guys think give suggestions if u have them I want to stay single turbo.

I would look into the 13 stainless housing but 62-71 will support 90 horse stix if you ever upgrade them. The 71 wheel will have some lag with stock stix. If you don't plan on bigger stix for what you have I would get a 62-65-13 or 62-65-14 and the auto will spool it a little better.

I too am looking for a turbo not sure which way to go. I want the 62-65-14 but am thinking maybe I want the 71 instead. If spools more on the top end from what I hear but I don't wanna lose low end either or have any more lag. If I get one I'll let you know what I think of it.

Keep the thoughts coming what are some company that make turbo fir are trucks

I put a 62/71/13SS on my truck, but I also added 50HP stix at the same time. It took a little getting used to at first because it spools slower than stock (obviously), but overall it seems like a good turbo, but I have nothing to compare to except the stock turbo.

If I had it to do over I might have gone with the Stock/s400 twins. I think the end result would have been similiar HP with more bottom end.

I too am looking for a turbo not sure which way to go. I want the 62-65-14 but am thinking maybe I want the 71 instead. If spools more on the top end from what I hear but I don't wanna lose low end either or have any more lag. If I get one I'll let you know what I think of it.

for your current mods Id say 62/65/14. If you plan on doing more mods Id say 62/71/13ss to grow into. if you think you would out grow the ss turbo go with the twin with s400.

Back