turbo upgrade??????

CumminsCrazed

hey guys, i have a buddy who has a BD super B single hes willing to part with. Im considering buying it IF itll make a decent difference in my truck. my current set up mainly for power is a hot unlock edge comp, 5" pipe, fass fuel system, air intake etc.

He said he would sell me the turbo (2 yrs old) with the downpipe for 350-400 bucks plus the trade of my turbo. The front casing of the turbo says schwitzer or something? Not sure how much bigger the 62 is vs my trucks stock hx35 or how much more power itll add. he said it has a smaller exhaust housing for faster spool up??? Its currently on a truck with a quad arenaline - but its not turned up because itll toast his clutch.

So basically, what im wondering is for the price stated, would an upgrade from my stock turbo to that one be worth that price AND will it make a noticable difference in the performance of my truck. If so, what kind of performance gains will i see with the addition of this turbo?

Lastly, will i need head studs to roll with this turbo or not.

You won't notice much of a difference with the super b. I didn't.

Its NOT a 62mm turbo its a 57mm

You ever measured one Taylor??

Last couple I came across measure out at 54.4mm inducer.....but they were pretty early ones. Say, 6 years ago or better....

I usually only recommend the Super B to someone looking for a more durable top charger in a small twinset, or for someone looking for roughly 400hp (or so) on a 12v or VP truck.
Chris

A Comp with 150's would make her run a bit warm I would think. They make nice chargers for a set of 150's and a EZ or Smarty thought. 425hp and usually EGT's around 1300*

Chris

ok well im actually considering a smarty as well , so itd be a comp/smarty stack with 150s.....but it wouldnt be done all at once

ok well im actually considering a smarty as well , so itd be a comp/smarty stack with 150s.....but it wouldnt be done all at once

Ok, well that would make it worse.....

Well, kinda....you don't need a Smarty when you have a Comp BTW. Comp already does timing....

Save your money
Chris

If your still wanting to hook that thing to a sled there is gonna be a pull at McIntire, Ia this sat. starts at 11 am quite a few diesel trucks come. It should be a pretty good pull

so since i know im doing a turbo i decided to go ahead and buy a set of injectors. I got 7x0.011 injectors, or better known as "150" injectors, meaning they add approx 150 hp depending on supporting mods. anyway i got my 150 injectors in and basically, HOLY FU*K! can i say TORQUE!, SMOKE!, and HOTTTTT! when i had edge drag comp on 5x5 and i got into 3rd gear, i ran it WOT through 3rd and grabbed 4th, looked at pyro and read 1500 deg. FU****K! turned edge WAYYYY down and now its way more manageable, however, i can still get 1300 or 1400 deg out of her when i get on it.

but i just washed it tonight so im gonna really baby it for a while, im not a big fan of everything behind my tip from bed body line down and fender well to the bumper BLACK.

Anyway, overall the injectors are actually a really clean injector. when i have edge turned all the way up and i drive with a very decent minded right foot it smokes very little if at all, more like a haze not a cloud. Also found out the new injectors create a lope when i let the clutch out and sounds somewhat like a puller, just not a big or radical of a lope.

Back