tv cable

justin c

UP IN SMOKE PULLING TEAM
so i have a suncoast trans in my 94 cummins and the trans stoped going into over drive but for a very long time to get it to go into over drive i had to let off the throttle a little and i have been told it was the tv cable and my question to u guys or girls is how do i adjust it or is it better to just buy a new one... Also being a 94 i have the 47rh trans can i run a lockup switch with it? thanks for your time:snoop:

you could put a lock up and od switch in, there is a 3 pin connector on the trans, middle is 12v ing. source and the pins on each side are for lock-up and other for od, just take and run them thru two switches and ground the other side of the switch, as for the tv cable im not too sure about that i would lean more towards the tps being bad, does cruise control still work?

no cruise hasnt worked since i have owned the truck.. good idea on the lock up and od switch i think ill do that

any other ideas guys?

I had the same OD problem on my 47re, finally just put in a toggle switch and works awesome. I heard using a pot swich hooked to the TPS works good. For the TV cable I have mine set so there is about 1/16'' play in the tv lever at full throttle.

ok this is what i cant understand i have a pot switch but i also have the tv cable i use the pot switch to adjust when od kicks in but i havent been doing it i just have been locking my converter and when i lock it it would just shift to over drove then lock (my converter lock only locks in od) but not the truck wot shift into od but i can lock the converter and it will bring the rpms down about 2-300 rpms BUT if i punch it it down shifts and the rpms go right to 3k wich i know shouldnt happen with the converter lock so i am extreamly confused about all this

like just check and see if the break lights are working?

no, the switch that contacts your brake lever arm also functions as a TC unlock switch (it has 2 sets of contacts, iirc). if it is out of adjustment or malfunctioning you will experience erratic lock/unlock patterns while driving, or not lock at all.

you can 'pick up' on the brake pedal as you are driving and see if taht results in a different TC lockup behavior

****nevermind, i mis-interpreted your statement, try another route****

its funny tho cuz after i read it i looked and my breaklights were not working, i changed the fuse and BAM they work BUT still no over drive lol

ok here is an update i adjusted my cable there is NO play in it with the throttle all the way down and the linkage on the trans is fully back towered the rear when accelerator is down BUT STILL NO OVERDRIVE.. what do i do now? i have never owned a automatic anything before this truck now im lost..

u adjust it at wot and idle wicj i did and i figured out my problem and its fixed now thanks guys

Back