Twin Piping

The last ones I bought were 4" schedule 40 from my local-ish steel supply for $17.

Do the little tack welds all the way around so when you do the cap there is no chance of burning through. Welding up a new exhaust is good practice.

I have posted questions about what size to use as well....but my concern for MY set up is that my hot pipe is not just a short radius 90* elbow with flanges on each end. My hot pipe is close to 2-2.5 feet long...maybe 3 feet total length. (It takes a 90*, a 15*, staright for a bit, then another long radius 90*.
I used 3" mild steel tube before from Columbia River...but the size is OD....not ID. So the actual inside is like 2.88" instead of the full 3" like sched 40, 3" pipe is.
Still using a T6 primary.
My other concern is the internal gate. The back of the turbo flange is easily 3.5"...the turbine wheel is 68mm exducer, but the extra volume of the gates dumping into the hot pipe has me wondering how restrictive it may be. (My EGT's were HOT, HOT, HOT running a 66/71/80 over a S480/96/1.32) -Don't want hot temps no more...

Thanks in advance.

OK, I am the proud owner of a HT60 little to no shaft plat and overall good condition. I tried to work a deal there for the plumbing parts but they wanted more than I wanted to spend. I picked up a short turn Sch40 90 in 3" for the hot side and some extra pipe from a supply house and called it a long day.

They did have another HT60 with slightly more shaft play (not bad) the intake side fins had a little bit of damage looked a little ragged not smooth. They had a bunch of HT3B and HX50's as well if anyone wants one I can snag you one for about $400 to $450 I may be able to get them down a bit more but not sure. Let me know if you want one.

I was also able to pick up the oil fittings, clamps, and things you need to hook these up.

I cleaned up the turbo and it was better than I thought, now I just need to find the pipe (they said it was $5 per bend but wanted $100 for a few pipes when I got there). I am headed to Las Vegas today for a tradeshow maybe I can find something there??

Just looked in McMaster 3 inch schedule 40 90 degree bend was 9 bucks. Surely there are some weld shops around you that would have schedule pipe and bends. I just like the heavier pipe for the heat that goes on in it. I also wrap all of my hot pipes. I'm going to try to wrap the manifold and both exhaust housings on this set to try to keep some heat in for spooling and heat out of the engine compartment.

Yeah Columbia Mandrel is in town I like the McMaster pricing, and Ace seems to have some good deals as well. I just need to find money and pull the trigger, but would really like to get all the pipes for under $100 still a lot to buy and no money to pay.

If a person looks at the turbine flow (map) one can figure out the size needed for the hot pipe to keep velocity up with good flow.

OK so is there a different compressor housing for the HT60 that has the tight 90* turn built in like this one??
images

Back