Industrial Injection 200 sticks
smarty tnt/r sw4 tq1 timing 3 rp3
old crapy edge ez (no switch) to be replaced by Dr P race box
hamilton springs and push rods
studs of course
htt manifold
five inch out the back w/ mbrp muffler

64/65/14 over the standard s475/1.32 source piping

Now some would call these mismatched and I won't dispute that but I have about $800 in both turbos (475 new)

So I have some issues here egts suck spool up sucks and boost hits 55#s (30 and climbing out of the primary) and the 1600 pyro is burried, now I've accounted it to the 1/2" t3 spacer source sent with there kit being non divided but after talking to chris at ED he told me that the secondary momentum is being slowed by boost hitting the comp wheel and such a small turbine wheel (in comparison to comp) thus the egt
So I recevied in the mail yesterday a brand new BW S330 that measures out to be 60.xx/73/14 (I again got it cheap) so I'm thinking... It's got the big turbine for cooler egt and keeping the top charger going, and a smaller comp wheel to start the process

I'm all about the lower egts I'd like to actually floor it and not see 1400 plus
chris seemed to be all about the 68 and 73 wheels rather than the 65 and 71 wheels being that there John Deere design rather than BW box stuff

I guess my options are this I can run the 60/73/14 or swap turbine wheel in the charger on it and build a 64/68/14, but the easiest thing now is the 73 wheel charger as the 68 would need machining to the 65 housing

Ahhhh

Thanks all

I would think you will not like the 73 for spooling....

68 sounds like a better plan to me...

But that's only cause I like a quicker spool for street driving...

Eric - I think the 64 sounds like a better plan. Your EGTs will probably be better due to the better turbine side, but the spool-up you might gain by going to the 60 mm comp will likely be negated by the 73 mm turbine. I'd go with either the 64/68/14 or do a 64/73/14.

I guess I've gotten used to the slow spool and I'm wantin better flow for egts and the upcomming dyno day

Cause the exducer on this s330 is ~87.5
should I just swap wheels and covers

Sounds like the least amount of work would be to go to the 64/73/14, and then if you think it still spools slow, you could go to the 68 turbine.

Bullseye lists the the 64 wheel with an 87.5mm exducer.

And in that time I can have the 65 housing milled to 68 if I don't jive with the 73
for some time the 68 with the .91 t4 housing was in the running too but what does that come out to roughly a 16cm... It's still here Jarod

And in that time I can have the 65 housing milled to 68 if I don't jive with the 73
for some time the 68 with the .91 t4 housing was in the running too but what does that come out to roughly a 16cm... It's still here Jarod

Yeah the .91 is about a 16. I'm still interested in it...I've got a different set of injectors coming to try and help out with my EGTs. I'll give you a shout after I get these sticks swapped if I still need to cool it down some more.

Yep the 64/73/14 is goin on top
and the bottom will be changed also...
But the lil 64/65/14/475 package ran the #s in ma sig so...

Well the plan just changed again...
Bottom billet wheel and special ex housing thanks ED!

Back