UMM how do I get oil out of water passages?

Yep head gasket finely blew.

I heard of putting cascade in with the water to clean it out so I tried that on the coolant reservoir, it helped some after several attempts but just not clean enough for me. Any suggestions or any other methods, becides steam cleaning it?

Mix up the powder cascade with some water and dump it in the radiator. Fill it with clean water and let her heat up. You will have to do this a couple of times to get all the oil out. But it works.
I used about a cup of cascade each time.

It's going to take a couple flushes to get everything out. Just keep doing it until everything coming out is clean. Takes longer, but doesn't cost much other than your time.

inline6359 said:
i use DAWN.:rockwoot:

But only a few drops LOL ....... A good squeeze is gonna take MANY flushes to get it all out ,................ Dont ask me how I know .... I read it some place ...:bang :redx:

Twisted Shifter said:
But only a few drops LOL ....... A good squeeze is gonna take MANY flushes to get it all out ,................ Dont ask me how I know .... I read it some place ...:bang :redx:

LOL...This is correct. I did the same thing and finally just left the hose in the radiator w/ the engine running for about 30 minutes.

bags1010 said:
LOL...This is correct. I did the same thing and finally just left the hose in the radiator w/ the engine running for about 30 minutes.
see I told you I read it LOL

When I took mine apart last week, it still had a little soap in it. I run straight water in mine ...... it don't freeze in FL LOL

I don't recomend it, but I filled my radiator up with some gasoline and shook it around out of the truck, flushed it out for a while till there was no more gasoline smell and then reinstalled it. worked like a charm.

I then proceded to used the prestone coolant flush, about 3 bottles and 4 engine flushes. even after that I still had some come to the surface of the filler neck for a little while. I just sucked it out with a turkey baster and after about a month it was all gone. :)

that is how I cleaned mine is using a prestone flush kit and some dawn dishi soap and I took the reservoir off and cleaned it with gasoline and then soap and water looked like new. And then schied used the Fleetguard stuff if I remember right.

Any kinda liquid floor soap will work i think its a little more powerfull. Thats what i use on the bigger iron

Should I use Restore or Restore Plus?
Does the plus harm hoses and other internals?

I imagine it should say on the bottle what risks there are and probably has directions but I want to make sure I get the right one before I order it.

Did you guys run it through the system right before replacing the head gasket and fire rings or after?

Back