UPDATE My SERVICE TRUCK mods sound good?

richsdieselperf

Lethal Injection
this past september i posted mods of my 5speed 96 service truck and was asking you all for some advice on what was next well so far so good i want to get the most MPG i can and most power i can but more tword mpg side this is what i have so far i need some help to see what i should do for better MPG LOL
AFC with all the good stuff done and i bench tested it right now it has a 215 gov soing in it (HEAVY), htt 64/65/14 5x.014 with .020 washers southerdiesel extreme, 191 delivery valves, HD cams 181/210 big stick, arp12mm studs and .020 gasket, arc flow intake elbow and afe stage 2 filter, 215 injection pump, timing is at .016 degreese, 4k gov springs and 60lb valve springs, FASS LIFT PUMP, and MBRP COOL DUALS.

I seems that truck doesnt rev up to 3800 rpm in any gear im going to turn the timing up to .018 degreese and try 2mm injector washers and for some reason i got better mpg with my ddp 3s with the thin washers anyone know why? its not as good as 5x.014s?
well i just wanted to see what you all thought and what i should do next i dont really want to put full cut dvs in because of fuel milage but i just love all the power tho, im also going to look into a gear vendor O/D unit.

lose the 191 DV's, bump the timing, and run thin washers...

BTW, timing is measured in degrees before TDC, not in thousandths of degreese

tighten your govenor springs a click or two.

on a side note how do you like you 64/65? does it have alot of drive pressure with the 65 wheel?

i have the gov spring 3 clicks now i will try to tighten them another click and see what happens. Do you think i should put back in 181s? oh and I got the turbo chep on here.

oh the timing is at 16 degreese sorry not .016 lol i was tired. And no i have not measured drive psi on this turbo.. on my red truck i have for tuning the waste gates but it has external and reg wastegate

DDP 3's are 5x.012 injectors, they deliver less fuel and atomize better = better mileage.

Back