Upgrade to oem fan blade and radiator?

Are there any upgraded fans for the oem style mechanical fan on 2nd gens? I had a blade break off of mine so I need to replace it. If there are any better than oem fans out there I’d like to upgrade. I don’t think I want to go electric fans.

Also what radiators that are out there are a worth while upgrade? I don’t want to buy a Mishimoto but if I can get an upgraded radiator over oem for a reasonable price I will. The damn fan blade put a hole in my radiator.

I’d find you a factory fan somewhere. My first gen fan took a beating this spring and was able to straighten it back out. New fan was $135 from dorman at the time.

Radiators, a factory plastic tank is the way to go. Cheap and reliable, easy to source. I wouldn’t pay for mishimoto brand aluminum one. I’ve gambled with eBay aluminum radiators and had good luck on my 1st gen. First one went 5 years before leaking. Second one did leak out of the box, but sell sent a replacement after I sent a video of leak area. Both cost around $300

On my 05 I’m running an AFE aluminum radiator. Fitment was 98%, slight filing to some mounting tabs. $450 for that one.

I’d bet there isn’t anything aftermarket that’s gonna last 25 years like the OE did.

The handful of 2nd gen OE fan failures I have dealt with all had loose 'floppy' fan clutches.
I quite confidently feel that the majority of these failures are easily avoided by regularly checking the fan/clutch for "slop".

ENGINE COOLING FAN ('94-'02)
Item #: FAN-9402-KIT
Write a Review
*Backordered: 12/31/2022
$326.95

Holy damned shit. $326 for a FAN! And won't get it until next year almost. This is nothing shy of insane.

Yeah the price for that one is pretty crazy, and the fact it’s so back ordered is even worse. I was ready to spend $150 or so on a better fan but I came up with nothing so I got a Dorman OE replacement.

I think I may also replace the fan clutch as well, any suggestions?

Yeah the price for that one is pretty crazy, and the fact it’s so back ordered is even worse. I was ready to spend $150 or so on a better fan but I came up with nothing so I got a Dorman OE replacement.

I think I may also replace the fan clutch as well, any suggestions?

When I replaced my fan hub bearing, clutch, and water pump, I just ordered everything from Geno’s.
I’d rather give my business to someone who cares about the parts I’m purchasing than a vato zone chain store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I replaced my fan hub bearing, clutch, and water pump, I just ordered everything from Geno’s.
I’d rather give my business to someone who cares about the parts I’m purchasing than a vato zone chain store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear that. I usually get important stuff from either someone like that online or the locally owned NAPA.

Is there any benefit in using the fan clutch from a 2nd gen 24v over the 12v fan clutch? The 12v fan clutch is 6.4” diameter and the 2nd gen 24v is 7.4”

Back